Growing pains? How to build a winning finance function as you scale
Your bookkeeper does the numbers, but you’re left in the dark as to the health of your business.
You want to ensure you’re ready to respond to the changing market conditions, but don’t know how to conserve capital.
You’re scaling fast and want to switch to an ERP, but don’t know if it’s worth the time and hassle.
Any of these sound familiar?
If so, you’re not alone.
No matter what stage you’re at in your growth journey, one thing is certain: as your growth accelerates, you may quickly find that your business outgrows your current finance function.
The little inefficiencies start to stack up. Your needs are no longer being met – whether that’s when reporting to the board, evaluating financial performance, or access to real-time information to support critical business decisions. Add in changing market conditions, and these insights become even more invaluable to extend runway and maximise efficiency.
So how do you build a winning finance function that supports your startup now and in the future? In this Q&A, two specialists share their views on how to approach your finance function at different stages of growth.
This session will explore:
- How to design a finance function that aligns to your broader business strategy
- The different ways you can mature your startup’s finance function
- Hiring a CFO vs. outsourcing: what’s the right option for your business?
- A deep dive into ERPs: the what, when, why, and how of making the switch
This session will be hosted by Amanda Price, Head of KPMG High Growth Ventures, in conversation with Josh Geelan, Partner at KPMG Australia and a former founder; and Eddy Moh, Director at KPMG Australia working with businesses to understand and implement ERPs.
- Josh Geelan, Partner - Enterprise, KPMG Australia. Josh has a background in SME tax, advisory and compliance with a strong focus on ESG and Corporate Reporting. In addition to his deep knowledge of ESG, Josh intimately understands the founder experience, having been a co-founder of a cloud tech and mobile app startup based in Wyoming, USA.
- Eddy Moh, Director - Enterprise, KPMG Australia. Eddy is a Director within the Enterprise Advisory team at KPMG. As an experienced consultant, he works with businesses to understand and prioritise the change required for success, including the implementation of an ERP. He supports business change through developing strategic growth plans, implementing operational changes and specialises in enabling technology as the key catalyst for success.
Subscribe to updates from High Growth Ventures to be notified on upcoming sessions.