"it’s important not to create these mental models for people where there’s a perfect way to handle something…most of the time, people are honestly just bumbling their way through in the best way that they can, in an imperfect situation with imperfect information. Acceptance of that fact is a really important part of the process."
Nick is a General Partner at Blackbird Ventures, a Venture Capital firm that backs generational ambition with generational ownership by raising funds and investing in the best startup companies all the way through their journey from idea to beyond IPO.
Blackbird’s portfolio is worth over $10B and includes some of the most successful Aussie and Kiwi startups including Canva, Zoox, SafetyCulture and Culture Amp.
In this episode:
- Time and project management solutions
- How to artificially create opportunities for rest and recovery
- Importance of celebrating micro-wins with your team
- Techniques to shift perspective in high-pressure situations
- Creating moments of levity to lighten the journey
- Meditation as a daily practice and end-of-week wrap-up rituals
Want more? Listen to more INvested episodes.