"This could be a golden opportunity for the Australian ecosystem. It seems a bit counterintuitive, but invention generally, and startups, tend to do well in a disruptive period. Why? They move fast when everyone's afraid."
Paul Naphtali is the cofounder of Rampersand VC, an early-stage Australian tech fund established in 2013 to help address the funding gap for Aus/NZ founders. He returned to Australia after several years working in Silicon Valley and the UK as a senior marketing and strategic communications exec and consultant for a number of successful venture-backed tech companies.
In this episode:
- The evolution of the Australian startup ecosystem
- Changing perspective around global startup hotspots
- Capitalizing on golden opportunities in uncertain markets
- Founder psychological safety, vulnerability and emotional resilience
- Supporting underrepresented founders
- High-value relationships in fast-moving businesses
- How to create safe spaces to discuss and pivot from failures
Want more? Listen to more INvested episodes.